Oil & Gas /Energy
Ocean Global has geosynthetic solutions for one of the most challenging industries, oil, and natural gas production. Our solutions are chemically compatible and engineered for long-term performance to meet the demands of the oil and gas sector. There is an increasing demand for oil and gas, but at the same time, the safety and environmental impact of this industry is questionable. Geosynthetics play a vital role in mitigating most of the ill effects of the energy sector. As with all other sectors, the oil and gas industry makes use of different geosynthetics at different stages.
Oil and Gas Floating Covers
The sizeable open freshwater pits in oil and gas industries are susceptible to evaporation and need protection from the same.
Drilling and Exploration
Geosynthetic reinforcement at the site of drilling and exploration helps add stability to the soft soils. Heavy oil requires robust geosynthetics for containment that can resist heat degradation.
Oil Pit Liner
Oil pits, drilling sumps, and reserve pits store fluids from the drilling process. The fluids can be contaminated and harmful and require impermeable barriers as liners.
Frac Water Container
The new technology of horizontal drilling requires large volumes of water stored on or near the well pad. Traditional in-ground ponds are now a thing of the past, rapidly replaced with frac tanks. The frac tanks are mobile, reusable, and have a reduced lifecycle cost, leaving little to no impact on the natural environment.
Ocean Global Geosynthetic Solutions For Oil & Gas /Energy Includes
- Geomembranes with their resistance to chemicals, brine, and frac fluids are the go-to choice as oil and gas floating covers. They are economical, durable, lightweight, prefabricated, and easy to install.
- Geotextiles act as liners for ponds or tanks for frac water.
- Geogrids and geocells provide geosynthetic reinforcement for drilling and exploration.
- Geomembranes are also the choice of geosynthetics for secondary containment, water storage, drilling fluid containment, etc.
- Heat-resistant geotextiles in heated tanks as heavy oil containment liners.
- Biaxial geogrids help with base reinforcement.
- Impermeable geomembranes and pond liners that are flexible, prefabricated, and highly durable are the material of choice for oil pit liners.
- Geomembranes also serve to line the frac tanks owing to excellent chemical and UV resistance, puncture resistance, and flexibility.